V-Tronic 6V 3-Pole Cut-out Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
    i don,t know why and i know it does,nt make any sense but the diode type relays don,t seem to work with the sealed batterys that i put inside the old h2 type batterys
    I have a couple of friends who are engineers with large battery companies (Exide & C&D Technologies) and will ask them about this. Will post a response.
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

i don,t know why and i know it does,nt make any sense but the diode type relays don,t seem to work with the sealed batterys that i put inside the old h2 type batterys
      T-bone, my friend at the battery manufacturer said he saw no reason why a VRLA or flooded cell would make a difference. I'm curious, what kind of issues or problems did you experience? Thanks, William

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
        T-bone, my friend at the battery manufacturer said he saw no reason why a VRLA or flooded cell would make a difference. I'm curious, what kind of issues or problems did you experience? Thanks, William
        I doubt the problem is the solid state cutout. The problem is the three brush generator. Gel cells, sealed lead acid, whatever you're using - expect a very specific range of charge voltage and a three brush generator just doesn't provide that clean of a charge. If all you do is run the grand kids around the block a couple times a month the sealed batteries are great and last for years. If you get on your bike and run at highways speeds they probably won't last the day. If you have a two brush with a regulator the sealed batteries are OK. If you're using a three brush the good old liquid battery is the (only) way to go ... Perry

Comment

Makes perfect sense Perry. I still running a 3-brush & wet-cell battery. Also have the relay eliminator, but want to get back to an OEM delco relay (to replace my defective relay thats mounted). I'm still searching a working delco relay, but until then I have ordered the V-Tronic solid-state relay. . . William

Comment

hey perry with the replica relay from tedds i put 800 miles on my 50 fl wauseon and back. never had to charge the battery once. with the diode type relay i can kill a battery in a day. they both show 6.7 volts at batt. the gen. light goes out and everything tests good with the diode but batt loses charge. i,m not saying there a bad product it,s just how it worked for me and it did ok with a wet battery.

Comment

Working...
            X