Big Bags in 61?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
    As Alex states, Brookfield bags and seats were very popular in the early 1960's. As far as being a Midwest trend, I believe they were manufactured somewhere in Illinois or at least in the midwest .
    Michael!

"Brookfield" is a 'suburb' of Chicago, as is Robbie's "Elgin"; I have had a nearly identical set in white with Lyons stamped under the lids, which is another Chicago suburb.

Congratulations Fiskis!

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-28-2011, 08:00 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Tried out the 1961 FLH. First test around the yard resulted in stalled motor. On these modern bikes they have moved the gear shifter from the tank down where the clutch used to be. You really have to have long arms.

Thanks, Cotten. The original float was in perfect condition, so it is in use. I have one of yours at hand if the hideous stuff they sell as gas eats it up.

Regards Fiskis
      Attached Files
      AMCA #2124

Comment

Fiskis, That's one great bike. On the other hand, if you're going to break it down by all means, please take pictures and post them. Original wiring routing is some of the hardest stuff to come by and there are going to be lots of people after you and I are gone that are going to need that info. Best of luck with your project. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Oh dear, it was down already during the last two years, one unit at a time and then back into the chassis. Nothing was plated or painted. The original wiring runs where it apparently always has been. Some touching up of the paint and a few wire ends were replaced. Yes Bob, as Al Bundy said: Old Harleys never die, just their owners.
          AMCA #2124

Comment

Working...
          X