Seat T Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat T Bars

This is two questions mixed into one. Hopefully it will make sense...

Trying to figure out the correct seat T bar....have three. Two are marked XE 39 on top. One the underside one has the number 10 plus some other type of casting? mark. The second is also marked with the XE 39 On the underside it has a 6 or 9 depending on which way you hold it plus the same type of casting mark. These two have the dog leg that Palmers talks about, the oval shaped slot and measure at 1-13/32 so I believe either will work for the 49. (Only included a pic of one to save space). Do the numbers 10 and 6/9 have any significance?

The second T bar has the numbers 51912-35 on top, nothing on the underside, no dog leg and definitely no oval slot. It too measures 1-13/32. This came off my 65. Palmers talks about changes made in late 60s and the fact that the Ts were not oval shaped as well as the the width (went to 1-29/32). This one is definitely not oval and definitely does not measure out at 1-29/32. Is this one correct for the 65?
    Attached Files

The other year a friend and I set out to sort some T's for some stuff we were working on. What a mess. We found four different types of the top one with two distinctly different shapes at the pivot. Among these there seemed to be a variety of for or five different hallmarks and markings. This is not counting earlier ones with the zerk on top. We started peering at everyone's T in parking lots and such ( yeah, that was me takin pics of the bottom of your seat a few years back) and could only come up with these all seemed to be in use at the same time. The later one as shown on the bottom we found two types again, both marked the same. One has a graceful look to it ( I believe that is the one in your pic ) and one with a very rough appearance that looks as if it may have been surface ground on one section. That is the one we think appeared in 55 or 56. After a few years the smooth one came along and then they seemed to switch back and forth every few years. Our current philosophy is that if that's what came off it's likely what they put there originally, they don't seem to have been replaced to often. Even wrecks hade thiers straightened back out usually.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
    X