Guide marker lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide marker lights?

Got another input question. On Guide marker lights. How do the numbers run and what do they mean? Thanks, Bob
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

assuming you are refering to " bullet lights" these are the only marks I know of, I believe the 49 stands for the model year of introduction as that was standard practice on automotive lenses.
    Attached Files
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Brain I should have posed my question differently. What I wanted to know was what was before the 49 stamped bullet lights. What were these stamped? This is going to be the first thing I look for at Jefferson next week (It will be good to see Pittsburgh again). I wonder why there never seems to be a visual reference around when your brain housing group thinks up with this shitt.
      AMCA #3149

Comment

The Jefferson meet is NOT near Pittsburgh. It is sort of between Hanover and York, Pa. in York county-----

Comment

It was a joke! And for all of you that didn't know this. There are five Jefferson's in PA.
          AMCA #3149

Comment

I believe this is one of the earlier ones.
            Attached Files
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I think the earlier ones had a 90 degree dogleg bent in the bracket. They were used under the seat and fastened under the seat t with the studs and nuts that bolted the pan to the t. I am not sure if they were stamped with a number or not.
              Last edited by jwl; 09-28-2008, 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Weren't the Jeffersons movin' on up, back in the 80's?
                Mike

Comment

Hello folks....a little late on this...but

This is what I have heard. HD started using the stud mounted style as early as 38 and introduced the strap mounted style running or parking lights in 49 with the PH-7 stamping on the back of the strap. The turn signal kit option came out in 50 with straps and studs. About 51 they were stamped with PH-7 and DH-49 on the straps. About 52 they were stamped Guide and DH-49 on the body and are stud mounted to be used as rear signals. By 62 all that was available were the stud mounted ones and were mounted to a separate strap that bolted on to the forks in the front and a bracket in the rear.

Dewey

Comment

There is another one you failed to mention. It is stud mounted and the marking appears to read R8-50 or perhaps P8-50. I have a photo of one but the marks are hard to read.
                    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
                    X