need oil tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need oil tank

i am starting a new panhead . 1957 straight leg frame the motor is a 1959 fl i want to utilize a 65 - 69 alum. primary with electric starter. anyone have any suggestions of which oil tank will work trying to keep it looking as stock as possible thanks if you can help

Paugcho makes a horseshoe style tank that clears an aluminum primary drive system. Most likely a little bit of fabrication will be required to get things mounted but it'll have room for a proper AH battery.
    For these reasons I would order it unfinished...

Duke

Comment

Originally posted by dukekleman View Post
      Paugcho makes a horseshoe style tank that clears an aluminum primary drive system. Most likely a little bit of fabrication will be required to get things mounted but it'll have room for a proper AH battery.
      For these reasons I would order it unfinished...

Duke
      I've got a veteran in black, Idfly!

No ugly side-bung either....

Paughco2.jpg
      Ran it in a '65 for decades; Some mount adaptation necessary, (I lost the bolt-on front bracket removed for ease of installation) but reasonable if you pick it up at Davenport.

(If I got to box it: Not so reasonable...)

....Cotten
      PS: Just checked fleabay, and those York tanks look pretty charming!
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-30-2024, 12:49 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I've got the same oil bag in my 1940 rigid with electric start with tin primaries and a ratch top. Can use an FX battery. Just sayin'. I think Teddy calls them the York unit.
        DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
          I've got the same oil bag in my 1940 rigid with electric start with tin primaries and a ratch top. Can use an FX battery. Just sayin'. I think Teddy calls them the York unit.
          But the Paughco's have the 'seamless' look, Rich!

Even though it has enormous sentimental value,... .. . .

I'll have it at D-port.

....Cotten
          PS: "Bag" must be a californication thing, right? Sleazyrider dispersed?

Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-30-2024, 04:26 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
          X