more on the fork lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more on the fork lock

Well , the supposed moveable lock plunger is not coming out...any ideas on removal..I tried to DRILL a small starter hole in end thru welch plug. hole ..could not even scratch it..gonna need a better bit I guess...thought about trying to cut the small connecting part of plunger shaft in two pieces thru the key lock hole cavity...any ideas on something to cut it?..something that is small enough and tough enough??...I need some brain stormin ideas..thanks 49er

Have you tried the welding rod thing?
    VPH-D

Comment

fork lock +#$#@

....I don't think there is any way to weld or tack a rod to it thru welch hole..and I doubt if it would pull out anyway..it (plunger) is really jammed in there. I was able to cut the plunger in half thru lock cavity...but I CAN'T EVEN GET PLUNGER HALF TO MOVE BACK BY HITTING IT thru welch hole with a drift or forward thru cavity....its stuck and so am I!!..49ER

Comment

I have drilled them out in the past and this works excellent. After all it is ruined already, just make sure to stay on center and start with a pilot dril and work your way up. When you get to almost the size of the O.D. you will be able to peel the rest out and clean the hole for the new plunger. Good luck.
        Carl

Comment

Fork Lock Success !!!

I got it !!!....drilled 2 very small holes in frame outside where plunger is located...a litte liquid wrench...let it set awhile..hammer and punch and it finally let loose... gotta replace plunger , but it will work..49er

Comment

Working...
          X