panhead dual exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhead dual exhaust

The parts book refers to a true dual exhaust system for 54-57 but shows no actual photo of the right sided pipe that would replace the non-straight Y-pipe. I assume it would look similar but without the hole for the rear header pipe. Gasbox does not make this pipe. Does anyone have a picture of 65443-54?

"Non-straight Y-pipe" confuses me, Jeff,...

...But I think you might mean this pipe:

DUALLFT.JPG

DUALRGT.JPG

It replaces 65493-48; It is distinquished from repops by its welded construction, and conformity to a tin primary rather than aluminum.

DUALSPGT.jpg

They ain't common.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

No I've got that pipe Tom. Was referring to the right side piece that would now replace the Y-pipe on a dual exhaust set up. The more I think about it, there must have been an entire kit, because the mufflers would each be set further back towards the rear, as on a duo glide. But on a '57 there is the rigid frame factor, as there were no muffler supports on both sides. So the entire thing is rather confusing and would lead me to suspect I would have to invent all kinds of hangers. Im not sure if I want to go that route unless I can get a look at the actual kit that I can replicate. Thanks for the pic. Jorrow

Comment

I just used a straight piece 'o pipe, Jeff!

But even that is probably scarce anymore.

Trashed exhaust pipes don't litter the meets like they used to...

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-27-2021, 03:36 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
        X