Spark control tab, 1950 Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark control tab, 1950 Pan

Hey guys. Not one of my frames has a spark control tab. I got one from Wesco for my 1950 Pan frame and was hoping some could post pics, suggestions measurements on where exactly I need to glue this to the frame. Maybe ideas on where the factory welds are too, ie front and back, just tacked, welded all the way around…Palmer’s book doesn’t have much that helps on this in particular.

Everything helps!
    Craig

sir, try looking at a duo glide frame but as far as i can remember there is no tab on a ridged frame

Comment

the only one is up top next to the neck on the left side or bolted to the cases under relay

Comment

The tab does not appear on wishbone frames. They used a variety of clamp on brackets for cable mounting.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

So which frames did have that tab?

Comment

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking throttle not spark. It should be on the left side of the neck at the leg connection on all the '49- mid '54 frames.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The red one is an old original '55, the green one is a '52.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BEK; 11-30-2021, 02:39 AM.
              Bruce Keith
              AMCA #1467

Comment

All the info with pics is in Bruce Palmer's books.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks guys,

I saw the images in Palmer’s but he questioned the placement saying “seemed high” (actually I didn’t know about this tab before goi g over the pics in Palmer’s) not that I might not have missed it…

The green one above is the best pic I’ve seen yet? Thanks BEK. Rubone your directions are always invaluable.

Thanks
                  Craig
                  Last edited by Dablaze; 11-30-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Lol, I had one in a box from Wasco, brought it to the shop which is obviously a portal to never never land. Now I have to order another tab from Wasco, this frame is becoming a career, lol. Still, very happy with how it’s going, just slow in amongst other work.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X