1961 FLH Police - need parts advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it interesting and disturbing that the factory speedo details:
    1. does not mention what the original engine & transmission sprocket sizes are, and
    2. that this calibration is only accurate if you know that both drive sprockets are the original tooth count
    The Linkert Book

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
      I find it interesting and disturbing that the factory speedo details:
      1. does not mention what the original engine & transmission sprocket sizes are, and
      2. that this calibration is only accurate if you know that both drive sprockets are the original tooth count
      All Big Twin H-Ds had the same factory final gearing, 22 tooth transmission and 51 tooth rear. They did not offer anything else. The speedometer gearing was tied to the rear wheel size and they were all the same. Driving off the countershaft the changes in engine gearing available did not change things for the speedo.
      Therefore there was no reason to mention any more info..
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        Nice Duo-Glide. However I see nothing there that indicates it may have been a police unit. Why do you think it was other than someone's comment to perhaps boost a sale along?
        the holes on the backside of the forks cover are similar to holes on my police bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Panhandler View Post

the holes on the backside of the forks cover are similar to holes on my police bike.
          Perhaps, but also similar to many civilian bikes with added accessories requiring switches, indicator lights, etc.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Panhandler - that's an awesome forum name!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post

Perhaps, but also similar to many civilian bikes with added accessories requiring switches, indicator lights, etc.
              Suppose so.

Comment

Working...
              X