Battery Needed for 65' Electra Glide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Needed for 65' Electra Glide

Hello, I need to replace the battery that came with my 65' which I believe was not the correct size or type of battery. My battery cable ends are straight and not the "dog ear" type. Can someone tell me the correct battery size and type that should be in my bike? Thanks!
    Craig (Delaware)
    Delaware Bay Chapter
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

This is the battery I am running in my '70 FLH, I know some others running the same unit:

https://www.batterystuff.com/powersp...s/hYIX28L.html

Same size as stock, works perfectly with stock cables and covers. I have had it for two or three seasons, no issues starts my stroked 80" shovel right up every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
      This is the battery I am running in my '70 FLH, I know some others running the same unit:

https://www.batterystuff.com/powersp...s/hYIX28L.html

Same size as stock, works perfectly with stock cables and covers. I have had it for two or three seasons, no issues starts my stroked 80" shovel right up every time.
      I've heard good things about Scorpion batteries. My cable ends are straight so I would have to bend them 90° to make this battery work. Thanks!
      Craig (Delaware)
      Delaware Bay Chapter
      Perkiomen Chapter
      AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Been using the battery Architect mentioned for many years. The side that shows (if you are not using a side cover) has a rectangle embossed on it. Looks pretty good. Straight cable ends should not be a problem unless they are too short. Here is a pic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by K. Felt View Post
          Been using the battery Architect mentioned for many years. The side that shows (if you are not using a side cover) has a rectangle embossed on it. Looks pretty good. Straight cable ends should not be a problem unless they are too short. Here is a pic.
          Thanks K.! I will check my cables to see how much play I have to mount flat.
          Great looking Pan too!
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Just ordered the battery from BatteryStuff.com.
            Craig (Delaware)
            Delaware Bay Chapter
            Perkiomen Chapter
            AMCA Member #1011

Comment

I made a copper buss with a 90 degree bend to attach the cable on the positive lug. Solves the major cable problem too.

Comment

I hate spell checkers. Not sure how short became major in the previous post?

Comment

Originally posted by sswaney View Post
                  I made a copper buss with a 90 degree bend to attach the cable on the positive lug. Solves the major cable problem too.
                  I'll see how much room I have once the battery gets to my place. I also have a circuit breaker attached to my positive post terminal.
                  Craig (Delaware)
                  Delaware Bay Chapter
                  Perkiomen Chapter
                  AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Great info. on the AGM battery! Just ordered one myself.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X