Horn button wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn button wiring

According to the 48-54 wiring diagram there is only one wire coming from the horn button and I presume this would be to route the ground side to the horn. Does this work when you have rubber mounted handlebars? Or for that matter even with solid mounted handlebars it would still seem that the front end is electrically separated from the frame. I don't want to complete this assembly and find out later that I should really use two wires so that it can get a real frame ground.

A single wire horn system sometimes struggles to find a ground thru the chassis under perfect conditions but with rubber
    mounted bars I would try to sneak a wire in there someplace to help.

Jerry

Originally posted by lrcormier View Post
    According to the 48-54 wiring diagram there is only one wire coming from the horn button and I presume this would be to route the ground side to the horn. Does this work when you have rubber mounted handlebars? Or for that matter even with solid mounted handlebars it would still seem that the front end is electrically separated from the frame. I don't want to complete this assembly and find out later that I should really use two wires so that it can get a real frame ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
      A single wire horn system sometimes struggles to find a ground thru the chassis under perfect conditions but with rubber
      mounted bars I would try to sneak a wire in there someplace to help.

Jerry
      Thanks Jerry, I think to be safe I'll use a second wire to get a solid ground. An unreliable ground is probably why HD went to two wires after 54.

Comment

Working...
      X