No announcement yet.

Getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have decided since my last post that my 65 FLH has to many little and big problems to be able to just get by with the bare minimum repair and ride it.The further I tore into it the more things I found needed attention. The wiring harness has been spliced in many places and dry rotted, isolator threads need heli-coil, primary and cam covers need to be re-chromed. The list goes on and on. So I am now pulling the trans and motor to properly repair the frame. Will replace the wiring harness , add a main circuit breaker, and have the sheet metal painted the original color Hi-Fi Blue.
    I stripped the front fender and welded up 42 holes that had been drilled in it and found damage from a wreak. The rear fender looks to have been chewed up by a broken chain that ripped out a section of the front side. I made a patch panel and welded it in. Does anyone have picture of the front and left front of a rear fender so I can see where I need to trim my patch panel? Not one shop close to me has an old fender that I can look at.

Attached Files
    Stewart AMCA #24359

My worst day of riding was better than any day at work.

Comment

Fourteen months after getting my 65 Pan home from North Carolina, I have finally got it 95% done. I had the trans and engine rebuilt by Dave at East Bay in Ennis, Texas. Many thanks to him and Jessie for their help and encouragement. I repaired the frame and reassembled it myself. Got the sheet metal repainted Hi-Fi Blue and the saddle bags repaired and painted Birch White. I just need to get the hardware riveted back on the bags and find seals for the the lids. But for now will ride w/o bags. I have never ridden a Pan before and it was not like I had been led to believe. Most people said the vibration was unbearable. My first ride was nothing short of spectacular! I think I will enjoy this bike for years to come. If only it would stop raining so I can ride!!! I plan on taking it to the Black Hills ride in Sept.

Stewart Stephenson

Stewart AMCA #24359

My worst day of riding was better than any day at work.

Comment

Beutiful bike Stewart,reminds me of a '64 with '65 tanks I did for a customer

Comment

Nice work Stewart. As a diehard 65 pan fan, I hope you enjoy your machine as much as I have enjoyed mine.
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
          X