Speedster Handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster Handlebars

Can anyone recommend a source for an assembled set of Speedster bars, offset, black?
    Thanks,
    Tim

fabercycle.com

Comment

# 305757148247 Flea bay texas free ship complete 46-48 speedster bars chrome
      DrSprocket

Comment

Links are easy..
        https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...48247&_sacat=0
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks guys. I did nave a message into Tom Faber and have been on his website. Quality stuff. I also noticed those bars on Ebay, which for my purpose I would want to refinish black. Follow up question, I do have a set of bars that would need to be rebuilt if I can't find what I want. How do I get the cables out after removing the the grip assemblies? They seem to be in there pretty tight. The setup that I have is not like what is described in the service manual.

Comment

Originally posted by 47Knuckle47 View Post
            Thanks guys. I did nave a message into Tom Faber and have been on his website. Quality stuff. I also noticed those bars on Ebay, which for my purpose I would want to refinish black. Follow up question, I do have a set of bars that would need to be rebuilt if I can't find what I want. How do I get the cables out after removing the the grip assemblies? They seem to be in there pretty tight. The setup that I have is not like what is described in the service manual.
            Have you taken the set screws out of the bars to release the cable spools? Soak them well with Kroil or another good penetrant as the spools are often a tight fit .
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That would seem to be my problem. I'm assuming the set screws are inside the bars attached to the spools? I'll get a flashlight in there to take a look.
              Thanks,
              Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 47Knuckle47 View Post
                That would seem to be my problem. I'm assuming the set screws are inside the bars attached to the spools? I'll get a flashlight in there to take a look.
                Thanks,
                Tim
                No, they go in from the outside of the bars, one under the headlight switch and the other on the underside of the right side of the bars in the same orientation. Small slotted head screws, often covered with paint.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Ha! Found them. Had no idea. First time taking a set apart. Thanks Robbie, you have helped me out before in the past. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X