Timer bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timer bracket

G;day I have a 1946 model .can somebody post a pic or tell me the correct timer bracket & the type of bolts of screws that should hold the regulator to it & it to the crank cases .All my manuals say different thing I know there is early & late brackets So when did they change.
    Thanks Mac

Originally posted by macca View Post
    G;day I have a 1946 model .can somebody post a pic or tell me the correct timer bracket & the type of bolts of screws that should hold the regulator to it & it to the crank cases .All my manuals say different thing I know there is early & late brackets So when did they change.
    Thanks Mac
    Brackets changed for the '47 season. The '46 and earlier bracket has a curved slot the vertical post clamped to the timer rides in. The '47 and later timer has a horizontal post that adjust in an internal slot in the timer base and the simple bracket hold a clamp for the timer control wire to attach to. The relay mount screws are round head slotted parkerized 1/4-24 thread as used in several other areas on the bike.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for your reply Rubone so are the hold down screws for the bracket to the case the same as the reg to the bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by macca View Post
        Thanks for your reply Rubone so are the hold down screws for the bracket to the case the same as the reg to the bracket?
        Yes, they are with a slight length difference.
        Last edited by Rubone; 06-04-2024, 10:49 PM.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X