Pogo seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogo seat

My seat springs are too soft and I want to pull that pogo shaft out and put heavier springs in it but how do I get it out? It’s a 47 Knucklehead.
    Thank you

There is a nut under the frame. Look at the parts manual for an exploded view, pretty straight forward. It is in line with the frame tube and pogo.

Colony makes a great set of heavy Duty springs, fixed my issues with the seat bottoming out. Good luck.

Comment

Might want to check for play in the bushing to seat post area also, perfect time to do it and bushing replacement is fairly easy. Hope this helps.............Smitty

Comment

Thank you to both you guys, it was as you said a simple repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
          There is a nut under the frame. Look at the parts manual for an exploded view, pretty straight forward. It is in line with the frame tube and pogo.

Colony makes a great set of heavy Duty springs, fixed my issues with the seat bottoming out. Good luck.
          I bought the Colony springs but I must be doing something is wrong, even with the 250 plus setup it bottoms out and I weight 220. I’m going to call Colony in the morning.

Comment

Did you install the upper spring set per instructions above the rebound spring? I too weigh 220 and have found that with the correct purple and silver upper springs the ride was too firm for me and instead used the white and silver for up to 200 pounds. I have these in several bikes and they work very well.
            Bob
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bobphd View Post
              Did you install the upper spring set per instructions above the rebound spring? I too weigh 220 and have found that with the correct purple and silver upper springs the ride was too firm for me and instead used the white and silver for up to 200 pounds. I have these in several bikes and they work very well.
              Bob
              No I didn’t so that’s my problem, thank you for the advice. Here is my Knuckle and my 41 Indian Chief.
              Last edited by Joseph Mangelos; 03-06-2021, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

You have to unscrew the the rod 51661-36 from the plunger 51626-36 as the 2 springs 51780-30 and 51778-30 are above the rod inside the plunger. Make sure you also stall the colony rebound spring that replaces 51777-30 .
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobphd View Post
                    You have to unscrew the the rod 51661-36 from the plunger 51626-36 as the 2 springs 51780-30 and 51778-30 are above the rod inside the plunger. Make sure you also stall the colony rebound spring that replaces 51777-30 .
                    Bob
                    Thanks to your advice bobphd it now works perfect.
                    thank you again for taking the time to help me

Comment

and a Cobra for when ya just wanna go a lil faster?

Comment

You are one observant little guy, and yes that’s a 67 Cobra with a 427 side oiler and top loader 4 speed.

Comment

Working...
                        X