Rear stand catch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope

Not really I just wanted It to be as skinny as possible.

And
    The intakes are identical in length too

If I only had some o' cottens floats, I'd be sooo happy

Comment

heres 2 more

finished the intakes
      and the pipes...

waitin for my rocker boxes and a bunch of polished stuff to come back
      the rear tappet block, cam cover, brake linkage, taillight, etc...
      oh yeah and the paint

www.chopperdaves.com/sf/glit1.jpg

www.chopperdaves.com/sf/glit2.jpg

Comment

Hummm.... OK - but if you've got one hang'in out why not visually balance them. Hav'em both hangin out at the same angle. One high, one low. This way your intake covers would compliment each other, repetition. Just a thought Dave. Hummm... ask Jeff.

Throttle linkage is another consideration.

Comment

Sweet!!! That's going to be one cool Knuck!!! The other fellas obviously have some stiff competition. One question are we going to see metalflake on those tins???

Comment

Hey Paul............Don't you think the second carb hanging out the back looks kind of cool???? Sometimes art isn't always balanced....... All I can say is it defintely looks one-off.

Comment

ok

because the carb sitting by the rear cylinder is tucked in with the bike, the best it can be
              if i had the rear one sticking out at the same angle, it looks like something is just tacked on there, its super awkward as this way it goes with the slope of the frame way better.
              if i was running a normal oiltank sure i would have, but with oil in one of the gas tanks i had the empty space and it suits the carb real well.

and
              as for throttle linkage, i already got it covered.

as far as paint...

no flake at all
              i was trying to build a earlier fifties style race/bobber with this bike...

and yes i know the rims are later, but for the most part thats it

Jeff???
              jeff decker???
              he's crazy....
              and his carbs with stacks on his vincent are shorter than the whole linkert!!!
              www.chopperdaves.com/sf/vin.jpg

if i was running mikunis or something maybe...

Comment

No - It just looks kinda awkward to me. I guess I'm used to seeing dragsters etc. or a more traditional set-up. I'm a visual guy. I like visual flow. But hey-- that's just one mans opinion. I'm being honest, and I'm trying to help.

Anyone else wanna comment on Daves build?

Comment

and again

www.chopperdaves.com/sf/glit3.jpg

the rear carb as same as the front

thats what i planned on doing at first.
                  i even made the manifold that way first it just looked too out of place, the whole idea was to build as tight a bike as possible
                  and it looked like an afterthought that way

Comment

i appreciate hearing your opinion.

you guys get it, once you get past the fact that i have destroyed a front head for normal use!!!
                    most of the chopper people cant seem to grasp what i am going for

Comment

On an earily 50s bobber that negative space or hole is good. You got a fender in there. It clearly shows at a glance that your running a mag. It's all good. - --- It's an Indian thing.

I saw the glit 3 pict. I'm still solid on hang'em both out.

Comment

I think I get where your coming from Dave....... An aerial shot might put things in a better focus....... Your right this one definitely should not have the flake...... Love that open primary!!!

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. I think those carbs look good, its different, like it.
                          What kind of magneto are you running. I've been thinking about getting one but not sure what to get.
                          Anyways, looking good.

dave.

Comment

cd

its a joe hunt

have run a bunch of joe hunt mags, they work good
                            you can modify one so you have an adjustable stop but its a pain
                            so you an advance and retard for starting.

but they work good

Comment

I've got a joe hunt for my '47 knuckle. Do you have any picts or drawings of how to modify it for advance & retard? I was going to machine someting like the sportsers use but I would like to see your version.

Comment

yeah

do you still have a timing boss???
                                if you do then its not that hard, it would be way better to make one like the sporty one
                                all i did was take the clamp, hold down deal and milled a flat and then made it so i could put a 6- 32 set screw in it perpendicular to the shaft
                                then drilled and tapped a hole in the base for a stop, that way i could adjust it so its right on with the set screw and when i was timed i just red locited it in, when i retimed it last i just pulled the clamp off first and heated the clamp with a mapp gas torch to break down the loctite
                                also, if you have the mag and you do have your timer boss cut off, you need to make a spacer for the mag so you have enough room to time it normally.
                                my spacer was .750 id, 1.25 od, .200" thick with chamfers top and bottom so i could put an oring top and bottom to seal it.

and you could replace the spacer with a cool adjuster deal like the sporty mag one if you were so inclined...
                                you could totally makea small one too, to sit where the spacer went, neat i should do that....

if you do have a timing boss, the mag needs to stick straight out and its real hard to get your timing right on.

i just looked for pix of it in detail
                                none
                                but believe me, its the simplest way to do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X