No announcement yet.

Positioning of front fender light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on this. The measurements and comments from Robbie and Eric match up with the installation on one of my other bikes. All the rest of my bikes or spare fenders are over the map as far as light location. Seems odd but who knows what all this stuff has gone through over time.

Thanks again! This is a great group of people who have helped me on a number of issues.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by epazikas View Post
      Hello, well, I can not say much on this but I am the fourth owner of my motorcycle and this came installed from the beggining. What I know for sure is that this parking lights over the fender came from the time the bike was bought.
      But was it installed at the factory or the dealership?

Here is a factory photo.

As Robbie said it appears to be about 1 inch above the embossed part.
      Last edited by Chris Haynes; 12-30-2018, 12:43 AM.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I have 3 bikes in my shop with front fender lights. Two 1937 UL's and an original paint 1938 EL. All measure three and a quarter inches from the light to the edge of the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by epazikas View Post
          Good morning Steve, I checked my motorcycles fender and the distance from the tip of the front fender to the tip of the parking light. You can see the attached pictures as well but the distance is of 17 centimeters or 6.69 inches. Let me know if any further assistance is needed and I would be happy to be in the loop of these installations you will be working on. Thank you! Ed
          Hi, it might be the case that my motorcycle parking light was installed latem on, that i can not say much, Herę się a picture of my motorcycle compared with anotjer one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Chris posted a factory photo.

100_1494.jpg

Comment

Perfect!

Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing this picture. That is interesting because I know that the light installed in my bike came from a long time ago with it, I mean the light itself is original and the holes on the fender were quite old, visibly old, as I have recently repainted the motorcycle. My motorcycle doesn’t have, however the pipes under the front fender, for passing through the wiring. That explains that the lights were installed, at some time, but did not come straight from the factory as I see it. It doesn’t look bad at all the way it was done, as you can see on the picture yourself, but the position is evidently not the same. Thanks for sharing and I will learn along. At the end of the day, most important is to have these old motorcycles up and running and alive... Happy new year! Ed
                Attached Files
                Last edited by epazikas; 01-01-2019, 03:44 AM.

Comment

fender light wiring.jpgfender light wiring 2.jpg

Here is how the wiring looks from under the fender. Hope this helps.

Comment

Here is how the wiring looks from under the fender. Hope this helps.
                    That is how it looks on a '48, not how it looks on earlier bikes where the tube pierces the fender.
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yes of course you are correct - 1948.

Oops

Comment

How should it look on a VL?

Comment

Working...
                        X