Knucklehead cam cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knucklehead cam cover?

Anybody know anything about this HD cam cover? Front side looks like 1940 and up Alcoa cover but every Alcoa cover I have ever seen has the tin baffle while this one has a cast in baffle like the 1940 and down OEM sand cast ones. Is it a Repop?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112009653051...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks repop to me, the surface coarseness is odd too.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That could be a 1951/1952 cover with the rear boss drilled for the earlier knuckle overhead oil line. Surface could have been previously blasted with a course blast media like black beauty or course sand. But...... it does have the later (1954-up) pinion bushing. I'd go with Robbie's opinion - most likely aftermarket.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Except that it is missing the little boss on the top front that the 51 cover has. I am sure it is repop.

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
        That could be a 1951/1952 cover with the rear boss drilled for the earlier knuckle overhead oil line. Surface could have been previously blasted with a course blast media like black beauty or course sand. But...... it does have the later (1954-up) pinion bushing. I'd go with Robbie's opinion - most likely aftermarket.

Comment

What does a 1940 Knucklehead cam cover look like , I need one any one have one for sale or trade
          email acemoto@me.com or call or text 917-541-8400

Comment

Originally posted by acemoto View Post
            What does a 1940 Knucklehead cam cover look like , I need one any one have one for sale or trade
            It basically is a 1939 sand cast cover that they added fins to the pattern. It is the same as 1951 Pan except it is drilled for overhead oiling. A lot of the 1940 covers advertised on eBay are actually 1951 covers that were drilled and tapped. You can tell by the date code. I could post a picture on Monday if someone else does not. Jerry

Comment

There was a change some were in the 1940 EL models and the later ones have the 1941 to 1947 Knuckle style die cast covers.
              DrSprocket

Comment

This is a 1950/51 but it is the same casting as 1940 except not drille for overhead oiling. Jerry

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142846065113?ul_noapp=true

Originally posted by acemoto View Post

Comment

51g copy.jpgPerhaps someone could explain that casting feature that is on the sandcast cover.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

That is on all 1936 to mid 1940 covers and I have heard anything from provision for tach to sand discharge hole. I do not really know. Jerry

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22351[/ATTACH]Perhaps someone could explain that casting feature that is on the sandcast cover.

Comment

Then there is this picture of a 1938 cover sent to me by Steve Little. Jerry

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22351[/ATTACH]Perhaps someone could explain that casting feature that is on the sandcast cover.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X