No announcement yet.

Spot light gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got S&M spots and I cut gaskets from card stock, but they rattle slightly and I'm deathly afraid of shaking out a lens and having it bust....so these are good ideas....thanks for the topic Snakeoil!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I should have taken pictures of what I made for those folks who need to make unique size gaskets for lighting like this. But, McMaster-Carr sell closed cell, black foam in various thicknesses and densities. I bought 1/8" x 12" x 36" sheet. From this I made my gaskets and they work great. Card stock is not very good at cushioning or sealing glass. The pressure required to properly seal with card stock could very well break the glass. Foam is the right stuff to use and is what the OEM gaskets are made from, only molded to shape.

I can look up what I ordered from M-C if somebody wants to order some. It's great stuff to have around for lots of different gasketing, mounting and sealing needs.

regards,
      Rob
      Regards,
      Rob Sigond
      AMCA # 1811

Comment

I struck out at both the JD and TSC shops. JD guy did not have a clue.

So, I came home and searched the web under vintage tractor parts and found them. Here is a link to a site that sells them.

http://www.antiquetractorsrus.com/jo...htsparts1.html

They also sell reflectors, bulbs and clear lenses. If you go thru the pages, you will find a modern replacement for the original gasket which has a staple. The modern gasket is 1 piece. My '47 lights had one piece gaskets in them so they would be correct for 47 and later. Maybe even earlier.

regards,
        Rob
        Last edited by Snakeoil; 01-08-2015, 12:39 PM.
        Regards,
        Rob Sigond
        AMCA # 1811

Comment

Working...
        X