Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wauseon or Rhinebeck best for Knuckle parts sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon or Rhinebeck best for Knuckle parts sales?

Wasn't sure where best to post this question, but realized that one site may be better than the other for specific parts sales, so I listed this under knuckleheads. I am in Jacksonville, FL and looking to set up a vendor table with a modest amount of knucklehead parts (heads, cylinders, tranny, sheet metal, handlebars, smaller parts, etc.).

I have never been to either one of these meets, and both are about the same distance/travel time, so I thought I would get some impressions from other members. If you've been to Eustis/Sunshine Meet, where I have had some luck in the past, it you could compare Wauseon/Rhinebeck to that venue, that would be great too.

Any insights as to which would offer the best opportunity to move knucklehead parts? Secondarily, would be the show itself, other local events and attractions, etc.

If both offer similar opportunities, I'll probably end up in Wauseon since that will give me a little more time to organize travel.

Thanks very much in advance!
    Vic Ephrem
    AMCA #2590

I've not been to Rhinebeck but I've heard a lot of negative comments from vendors who claim it can be a difficult venue; but it looks like a beautiful part of the country and certainly draws a lot of visitors. I have been to Wauseon a number of times and always thought it was second only to Davenport for quantity, and quality of vendors. The Fulton County Fairgrounds are very friendly and accomodating, and the host chapters do a fantastic job of making it a great meet. The only negative thing I say about Wauseon is it is very hot at that time of year, and motels are scarce.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Wauseon also has vintage flat track races Friday night. A lot of room to camp (no trees really out back by the turnpike) if you can't find a room. I think around 500 vendors last year? Very hot last year, but I'll take it after our last winter.
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Knuck and JD parts have sold very well at Wauseon.
        Prices tend to be 25% higher for same vendor same part at Davenport.-Knuck prices can be high anywhere

Comment

Wauseon is the place, thanks, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
            Wauseon is the place, thanks, Larry
            Agree, Wauseon.

On a personal note,
            Rhinebeck may be a nice place now but I wouldnt know as I swore I woud never return....

Comment

Why not list what you have here?
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Why not list what you have here?
                I agree. Many of us cannot attend the major meets due to Time/Distance/Work, etc. But we are still looking for parts...
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Wauseon Kicks Ass!!!
                  We have great races, very informative technical seminars, judging seminars, a pig roast with entertainment all in a cool old town and fairground in Ohio. Don't forget that we also had a sweet group of Knuckleheads there last year and they sounded great. The fairgrounds were busy with many old machines burning fuel, smoking oil and making the dust fly. Oh my gosh it doesn't get any better.

Denise

Comment

Wauseon hands down. I would venture to say that Wauseon is a better meet than davenport. It seems like at least half the spots at davenport are empty.
                    Mark
                    Mark Masa
                    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

You won't regret Wauseon, for sure. Good luck

Comment

I haven't made it to Rhinebeck yet, but the Wauseon meet is great.

See you there...
                        Kevin
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

I have been to both numerous times and Wauseon is the best, even better than Davenport, lots of vendors and shade, cool races, hospitable people, and where else can you round up 7 36 knuckles.
                          Carl
                          http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

You mean for Knuckle parts, right Carl?

Because for Indians, imports, and 'exotics', there just no substitute for the enormity of Davenport!

....Cotten
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

if you go to wauseon as a new vendor you have a great chance of being in a grass field with no shade. lots of trees there but not for the last guy through the door. list them here it cant hurt.
                              rob ronky #10507
                              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                              X