Dash-Mounted Linkert Choke Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash-Mounted Linkert Choke Control

Does anyone know if the Air Intake Shafts, 27216-46 ('46-'48) or 27217-48 ('49-'53) can be replaced with shafts from another model Linkert? Also, does anyone on this site have any of the parts for this choke control available (see page 45 of the '41-'54 Spare Parts Manual) or know of a source. I have the 29455-46 bracket and 27250-46 lever. Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Hello i have part 29453-46 choke contol coil holder and 7815 nut also the lock washer.there yours if you want them.

Comment

Just back last night and saw your reply, I've sent a PM. I want to install it on Barney, my 1950 pan. The tanks were widened I'd guess in 1954 and the choke lever is a PIA to reach. Thanks.
      Last edited by Lonnie; 01-07-2013, 05:59 AM.
      Lonnie Campbell #9908

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

IMG_0636.jpg

Lonnie,
        Is this the choke control your gathering parts for? If so I think Diesel55's parts are for a "Catseye" style dash.
        Tim

Comment

Hello tim you are correct ..

Comment

Its all the same kit, no matter which style dash you are trying to use it on. The complete kit comes with all the parts to mount it to either style dash and there is a template to drill the 46 and earlier style dash to use this kit with it.

Comment

Lonnie!

Have you tried a common -33 sidevalve shaft yet?

The only difference that I can imagine would be the indexing of the lever's set screw.
              Beware that modern reproductions of the -33 shaft are often drilled wrong anyway!

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I have not but will see if I have one. Thanks.
                Lonnie Campbell #9908

Comment

Working...
                X