Cylinder primer threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder primer threads

I'm in the process of assembling my 21F motor. One of the brass cylinder primers screws into its cylinder OK. The other doesn't. The threads in that cylinder are a little rough and, unless refreshed, are likely to chew up the softer brass of the (original) primer. I can't identify the primer threads. It looks like 28TPI with an outside diameter of 13/32" but tapering by about 1/64" top to bottom. I fear that this will turn out to be an oddball thread with no readily available tap - but hope remains.

Can someone identify the thread size for me and then I can start hunting for a suitable tap.

(And yes; I know I should have sorted this out before the cylinders were bored and plated and I was well into motor assembly )

Dear Mike, the thread is 1/8 NPT, a tapered pipe thread. I have a tap here if you can't find one.

Comment

27 TPI for 1/8 pipe

Comment

Thank you Guys. Exactly the information I was after. What a resource this forum can be for those of us on the far side of the world. And thank you for the offer Steve. I've tracked one down here. Mike

Comment

Working...
        X