No announcement yet.

servicar rear brake drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the most often forgot part in hard to bleed brakes. Pump them up and hold it down while cracking loose all of the banjo bolts. One at a time of course.

Comment

How big a deal is it to change the gearing on a servi for 55-60mph? A friend has one.

Comment

I don't know brother , This is My first servicar ,so it's kind of a learner for Me I don't even have a manual for it .
        Yes on it being slow , however its a blast to run around my roads .
        I get more looks and questions about this machine that any others I own .
        Sorry I did not have an answer for You jim p

Comment

To change gearing remove stock 22 tooth motor sprocket with 96 link chain. Replace with solo 27 tooth motor sprocket with 100 link chain. It changed my and it runs about one gear higher in all gears, easy 55+ mph with good stock motor.

Comment

I changed from the stock 22 tooth/96 link primary to a 27 tooth/100 link.

Once you change the gear/chain, the primary chain needs to be adjusted by loosening the three mounts on the tranny. Then the drive chain needs to be adjusted. Loosen the 4 mounting bolts on each side of the frame and use the two adjusters to adjust the chain.

A lot of simple steps that let you become one with your servi car.

Comment

THanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by militaryrider
                I don't know brother , This is My first servicar ,so it's kind of a learner for Me I don't even have a manual for it .
                Hey militaryrider, I might have a repro manualu for the HD Trikes. I will look fo it tonight.

By the way, Where are you located in Jersey? I'm up here in Sparta. Hrdly

Comment

Thank You !
                  I had My servi out tonight , I rebuilt the breaks , adjusted the valves , and timing .
                  I need to get a new set of spark plugs for her , what type of plug do you run on yours ?
                  It seems the more I run this thing the better it gets !
                  I will Be at Rhinebeck this weekend , look for the silver servi that will be Me !
                  Sparta , you are 1 hour north from Me .

Comment

I use Champion D16 plugs gapped at .026".

I'll look for you and your servi car at Rhinebeck.

Comment

Thank You , My 12 Year old Son Larry has a idea to put a cooler in the back of the servi and sell soda for $1.00 a can ,
                      please buy one from him !
                      See you at the meet ,, militaryrider

Comment

Larry's Soda was the best concession at Rhinebeck.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent ,
                          Thank You for the post , I told Larry he is now world famous with advertisement worldwide !
                          Look for Larrys servi soda at Hebron in August 2007 he shall be expanding is product line to better serve the public !

Comment

Yea,Nice and cold! My Old Lady bought a can from your boy.

Comment

I am still waiting to hear about new brake drums.
                              Be sure to visit;
                              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                              X