No announcement yet.

1928 HD Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I am a bit worried about these clincher tires. I wasn't until I saw all the threads about them. I have an 18" on the front and a 20" on the back. From what I have read I guess I will run about 45 PSI on both?

Comment

Got her out on the road today. Original clutch plates are sliping a bit and look glazed but got it up to 65MPH and still had more. WOW THIS IS FUN! New clutch plates comming, anyway looks like the project is done. Thanks for following me along on the adventure and see you on the road.......

Comment

Good to hear that you got it going -- how about some pictures of the finished product. Jerry

Comment

Congratulations Wyatt, glad you hung in there, and I too would like to see some pictures. Jerry, have you been working on your JD?
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Still need to install muffler. I have a latter model one I am modifying to fit, then it will be truly finished and will post photos.

Comment

Final photos.....100_0332.jpg100_0331.jpg100_0333.jpg

Comment

Currently building a "28" JD myself. Looking for oversize pistons right now but moving along in a positive direction. Neat engine to work on, really simple but very well made! Labor of Love is an excellent description!!

Comment

Working...
                X