No announcement yet.

Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch me..... Started with the frame, lower end motor, and tranny. I now have about everything excpet the generator, timmer, and upper end. I LOVE E-Bay........SS850591.jpg

Comment

Wyatt- the best document showing the rear hub assembly is the riders handbook. They are out there in reproduction. Another good catalog to get is from Jan Willem Boone http://www.jwboon.com/ also http://www.tomsnosparts.com/. also, you can find the parts books around- try the yahoo site mentioned by Bob Luland- there are a lot of files there. It 200 guys for JD only talk. Competion Distributing also has a variety of parts- I got a new rear axle from them, and Mark Masda at linkcycles makes some othyer rebuild parts for the rear hub.
      Dan Margolien
      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
      Www.yankeechapter.org
      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Wyatt, I brought up my question in post #15 to see if these were the correct parts you were inquiring about. If you (or anyone else) can not find certain parts for your hubs contact me, I am already starting to reproduce some JD hub parts and I could easily reproduce those. Just a sample, an original and my reproduction. Bob AMCA#6738
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by wyatt emp View Post
          Watch me..... Started with the frame, lower end motor, and tranny. I now have about everything excpet the generator, timmer, and upper end. I LOVE E-Bay........[ATTACH=CONFIG]9780[/ATTACH]
          Hi Wyatt "......... .........
          I have built a complete 1926 jd from parts sourced from eBay etc, it's is nearly finished' I started 6 years ago with just a frame, so it can be done , just got to be patient with the parts, I had a few broken rollers inthe rear axle, so I made a new axle in installed modern bearings, I still have the complete rear axle with broken bearings, if your not in to much of a hurry I will send you the parts you want when I get home (Thailand) I am currently offshore working offshore Burma, I would post some pictures but the Internet connection is to poor, I am sure that willem boon supplies the rollers you require, if not I am sure I have a source for them at home, good luck with your project I have just got even more ambitious and bought a 1912 belt drive project from EBay think this one is going to take me even longer to collect all the parts together, watch this space.
          Dave

Watch me..... Started with the frame, lower end motor, and tranny. I now have about everything excpet the generator, timmer, and upper end. I LOVE E-Bay........[ATTACH=CONFIG]9780[/ATTACH]
          I have built a complete 1926 jd from parts sourced from eBay etc, it's is nearly finished' I started 6 years ago with just a frame, so it can be done , just got to be patient with the parts, I had a few broken rollers inthe rear axle, so I made a new axle in installed modern bearings, I still have the complete rear axle with broken bearings, if your not in to much of a hurry I will send you the parts you want when I get home (Thailand) I am currently offshore working offshore Burma, I would post some pictures but the Internet connection is to poor, I am sure that willem boon supplies the rollers you require, if not I am sure I have a source for them at home, good luck with your project I have just got even more ambitious and bought a 1912 belt drive project from EBay think this one is going to take me even longer to collect all the parts together, watch this space.
          Dave

Dave

I am writing this part because it telling my message is to short!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not sure what happened above, I think the connection is to slow, Wyatt I also think I have I spare parts manual at home, let me know if you need one.

Dave

Comment

Not sure as I do not know what they are susosed to look like..... I have the axle and hub only.

Comment

That would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                  Wyatt, I brought up my question in post #15 to see if these were the correct parts you were inquiring about. If you (or anyone else) can not find certain parts for your hubs contact me, I am already starting to reproduce some JD hub parts and I could easily reproduce those. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9781[/ATTACH] Just a sample, an original and my reproduction. Bob AMCA#6738
                  Nice work Bob!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Picture of my 1923 JD rear hub is half way down the page at this link.
                    http://www.97330.com/Bills_1923_Harley/index.html
                    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Thats what I need. Where can I getthem?

Comment

The part number is 2289-25; no one is selling these on eBay.

A list on Google: http://tinyurl.com/c83bk6y

try Lonnie
                        Antique Cycle Supply, Inc.
                        17 E Lake Street Northeast Sand Lake, MI 49343‎
                        (616) 636-8200

http://dldavedunning.tripod.com/reproduction.html says
                        (Contact info is at bottom of the page above)
                        These bearings fit many places, Sprocket shaft bearings 1930-36 VL, 1937-48 UL, 1936-54 Big Twin OHV. 1958-up Big Twin Pinion Shaft. All Star Hubs 1935-66, All VL Wheel Hubs 1930-36, Rear Wheel Hub 1923-29, Trans. Main Drive Gear 1925-36 JD & VL Models, VL, 45 & Single Transmissions, .490 long x 1/4" dia. , sold by the piece, any number needed is ok.

INV # 106 Left Case Rollers - Replaces # 9221 - +.0002" o.s. - # 2289-25D $.50 ea.

INV # 107 Left Case Rollers - Replaces # 9222 - +.0004" o.s. - # 2289-25F $.50 ea.

INV # 108 Left Case Rollers - Replaces # 9223 - +.0006" o.s. - # 2289-25H $.50 ea.

INV # 109 Left Case Rollers - Replaces # 9224 - +.0008" o.s. - # 2289-25KA $.50 ea.

INV # 110 Left Case Rollers - Replaces # 9225 - +.001 o.s. - #2289-25MA $.50 ea.

INV # 111 Left Case Rollers - Replaces # 9225A - +.002 Special Oversize $.50 ea.
                        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

These and many other bearing types are available through Eastern Manufacturing. You'll need someone with an Eastern Account as they do not sell retail.

Comment

Working...
                          X