Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Clutch and Wheel Sprockets

Greetings,

I ran a batch of JD wheel and clutch sprockets. I have 44 tooth wheel sprockets and 43 and 44 tooth clutch sprockets. Material is 8620. The teeth are carburized .060 deep. The clutch sprockets are $250.00 and the wheel sprockets are $275.00. They will be ready to ship on Wednesday, July 18. Here are a couple of shots before heat treat. The spline for the wheel sprockets is wire edm'd last, hence no spline in the pictures.

Best regards,
    Phil

clutch.JPGwheel44.JPG
    clutchflip.JPGwheel44flip.JPG

That is stunning. You're an artist Phil.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks, Eric.

Comment

Attention.
        It has been brought to my attention as a function of the photo that I posted of the clutch sprocket, it appears that it includes the center hub/race. It does not. The picture was taken when we were checking fits and mocking everything up. I have been looking at these for so long I completely missed it. Sorry for the confusion.

Phil

Comment

Thanks to all who have purchased sprockets. For those who still need one, I have 8 wheel sprockets and 6, 43 tooth clutch sprockets left. They seem to be moving pretty quickly. So now may be the time before they are gone.

Phil
          Last edited by PSchack; 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I need one!

Phil, I wrote you a PM the other day and have not heard back from you. I need a 44 tooth rear sprocket for my Cannonball bike. Would you please contact me ASAP. I have no other way to contact you. Thanks, Dave Kafton

Comment

Hi Dave. I sent you a message with all the info. Your name is on two sprockets so don't worry. I will try another PM.
              Phil

Comment

Greetings,
                The first batch of sprockets are back form heat treat. I've been cutting splines in the wheel sprockets most of the afternoon. 1 1/2 hours in the wire edm ea. There is no fast way around that process. Shipped some today and the second batch will go out Wednesday and Thursday. The remainder will be shipped mid week next. Thanks to all who have ordered.

Best regards,
                Phil

Comment

Sprocket Feed Back

Steve Huntzinger called and said, " the rear wheel sprocket fit like a #1 honeymoon". Depending on the participants of the honeymoon, that could be interpreted as tight but loose with no shake. Also a couple of others said that they were a light tap fit with a rubber mallet. I was very concerned about this. I had no idea if the sample hub I had was the same as the rest. I made four test sample cuts of the spline before I settled on a dimension. There is .001" between the small diameter sample and the largest diameter sample. So the two in the middle are .0003" different. Some what of a pain to mess with but paid off in the end. Steve also purchased a 44 tooth clutch sprocket and riveted the center race and clutch basket to it with no issues. Both sprockets are on Scott Jacob's '26 J model that Steve restored and Scott will ride in the Cannonball. He has about 200 miles on the bike with no issues. Thanks again to all who purchased sprockets.

Test Samples
                  IMG_1130.JPG
                  Best regards, Phil

Comment

I'm a Cannonballer & need a sprocket for the mountains on my JD? How do I buy your sprockets?

Thanks,
                    Steve
                    9one3 44nine 1681

Comment

Working...
                    X