No announcement yet.

Leaky Fuel petcocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the European dealers was advertising petcocks that they guaranteed not to leak.

Comment

I’ll take a look for those. Today I spent a lot of time attempting to repair the ones I have. I lapped them lightly by hand with grease mixed valve grinding compound and then used toothpaste. These were the only materials I had available. Afterwards I added washers for a much tighter fit. Have not tested them with fuel yet. I have 4 petcocks in total 2 originals and 2 from VTwin. All I really need is one reliable one to use on the main right side tank.
      Justin Monti
      AMCA #43973

Comment

Originally posted by dukekleman View Post
        As Merdog1968 mentioned, I also use Viton Flouro. Brown O-rings in petcock valves to stop fuel leakage. I've Been using them well over 25 years now and they work great. However ,They do need replacement overtime like any O-ring, Gasketing material or seal.
        Duke
        I don’t have the machining ability to machine the groove for the o rings you mention. Amateur enthusiast here.
        Justin Monti
        AMCA #43973

Comment

Originally posted by tomfiii View Post
          O rings stop valve from dripping ,but gas will still not completely shut off. A little EZ-Turn on valve before assembly helps.
          I had not heard of this product before.
          Thank you for mentioning it I’m going to buy some.
          Last edited by montij; 01-03-2024, 11:14 PM.
          Justin Monti
          AMCA #43973

Comment

Lather the peacocks up with Easy turn lube..

Comment

Working...
            X