Excellent Adventure!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
    Cory....which ferry was that and where did you get to?

Dewey
    Dewey.... it was the Needles ferry crossing on Highway 6. I was heading for Vernon.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR View Post
      Cory

You seem to know what you are doing.

Keep on keeping on
      I try John....... but I don't always know what I'm doing until after I do it
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        Dewey.... it was the Needles ferry crossing on Highway 6. I was heading for Vernon.
        That's a nice ride, I did it on my pan about 20 years ago. I was working on the Celgar expansion and took two day going home to Burnaby. Went from Castlegar through the Slocan, took that ferry and ended up in Coalmont just outside Princeton my first night.

Comment

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
          That's a nice ride, I did it on my pan about 20 years ago. I was working on the Celgar expansion and took two day going home to Burnaby. Went from Castlegar through the Slocan, took that ferry and ended up in Coalmont just outside Princeton my first night.
          It's a great ride! I started just south of Golden and went the Creston to Crawford Bay route. The road is freshly paved between Kaslo and New Denver. If you've never been on that stretch of road it's worth a try sometime. A Pan you say.....what year? I'm hoping to have one (a pan that is...) by next summer so I can haul the Mrs. around..... The 45 would do it but doesn't have the throttle response to crank it up when the traffic gets too crazy!!! Sometimes it's just best to leave those four wheeled psychos behind...
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Hello Cory,

The pan is a 62. I spent about two months in Castlegar and had weekends off, so I did a lot of riding around there. I did a tour one weekend and camped in Kaslo and then went on to Sandon and rode to Silverton and back through the valley. Did a few of the hot springs. I also got to spend some time in the south...Rossland, Trail, Fruitvale, Ymir, over the hump to Creston, across the Balfour ferry a couple of times. That was early 90's.

Comment

A 79 Buzz ??? That is brand new to me. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X