KR pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KR pistons

Anyone out there building flathead racers? I have a set of KR pistons with a -65R part number and need to know what might be different than earlier KR or WR pistons. I am trying to build a WR and have the late type heads and barrels. Just trying to see if these pistons will work. Thanks for the help, Robbie

OK now, someone out there must be messing with old racers and mixing and matching parts. Not interested in restoration info, but just in real life using info.
    Robbie

Comment

Hey Robbie, have you tried the Flathead Power forum? Obviously someone in this club knows an answer to your question, but just hasn't read your post yet.......... Have you got a copy of What Fits What? It's got a bit about fitting odd parts together.

http://www.flatheadpower.com/tech/viewforum.php?f=19

Comment

Are the tops flat or domed ? if flat you shouldn't have a problem, Tim

Comment

Tim, thanks for the reply but that doesn't really help. The pistons are flat top like regular flathead varieties but appear to be taller from the pin hole to the top. I have a WL piston, K piston and these later KR pistons and I am trying to figure out the differences. Other than the obvious visual differences I am hoping someone has some actual experience to draw on. Thanks again and Happy New Year. Robbie

Comment

Working...
          X