Wld, wldr, wr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wld, wldr, wr

We have a pair of 45 cylinders on the work bench with casting numbers 120-39 and 120-391. In researching the number the indication is that these 1939 - 1952 WLD, WLDR, WR. I'm not an expert on 45's can some provide insights as to how to determine which model these might be from?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

WR has angled valves.,late '39-'42 WLD manifold nut is 2" ...WLDR is 2-1/8" hex nut

Comment

Here is a pair of NOS WLD cylinders, note the valve position relative to bore. '41WLDR "Special" also used angled valve WR cylinders, it did not exist after '41, only the WR continued. Also pictured is a stock 45 cylinder (right), the WLD cylinder (center)
      , and a WR cylinder (left) WLD uses standard 45 valves, WR and some WLDR use oversize intakes. Note factory relief from valves to bore. DCP_3419.JPG DCP_3421.JPG DCP_3420.JPG DCP_4305.JPG
      Last edited by Rubone; 02-11-2024, 11:10 AM.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Duffy / Rubone - Thank you for the information. These cylinders would use two different valve? I'm not picking up on an angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter32 View Post
          Duffy / Rubone - Thank you for the information. These cylinders would use two different valve? I'm not picking up on an angle.
          Note how close the edge of the intake is to the cylinder bore. Put a long dowel through the guide hole and you will see that cylinder bore and guide bore are not parallel to each other. Every part used with those cylinders is also angled, the cam face, the tappet shoe (they are flat and not roller type) the tappet guides, etc. Each is numbered and unique to its own position.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X