No announcement yet.

Spiral Handle Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I got the coil out tonight. Thanks again everyone for the help. I would never of thought to look under the horn button for that pesky little bushing screw.

Here's how I got it out on the first try.
    1)- Took a piece of coated wire and inserted it thru thu the horn button hole and thru the coil then out thru the end of h/bar. (Not as tough to do as it sounds)

2)- Tied a knot in coated wire, just before horn buttom hole leaving about 1ft. extra incase I needed to extract it. Then I forced the knot down the horn button hole.

3)- Gave a couple tugs to the loose end sticking out from h/bar and I was done.

Hey Paps, Would you mind an e-mail? The wife and I love g-lake and you can find me any thursday evening at yankee lake. Just look for my 56pan cause this 45WL may take a while. -Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

I picked up the[O.E.M.#56502-32] V-Twin#36-0905 outer cable I ordered and it's not going to work...? The dia. of the collar witch is connected to the coil is 1/4" smaller than the one I removed. Refer to my earlier attachment for what I'm calling the collar.

I'm going to try and put the old one back together. The collar and cable are in good shape. They just seperated from where they were brased together. I don't trust my brasing skills for something like this. That coil in kind of thin and I don't want to destroy it.

Time for me trust JB weld to pull my butt out of trouble again. Seems like it should be strong enough to hold the cable still. Right? I'll let ya know how it turns out. -Steve

Comment

By the way theses are "original" bars for a 1945WL , Aren't thay..? -Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

The coil and guide spool were originally soldered together, not brazed. The coil should thread into the spool which has an internal thread in it. when it is flush heat it enough for the solder to flow. Make sure the solder does not get into the inside of the coil. Robbie

Comment

Thanks Rub, After a better look I see your right they where soldered together. I see some thread still left in the guide spool but not enough left to work with. The cable will easily go thru the spool. So I'm going to put a 1/8 chamfer on the far side of the spool and resolder the two together.

That way I can avoid at this point anyway of puttting any non-O.E.M. parts on this thing till I am forced to. The previous owner has shown me that this bike was a 93 pointer 15yrs ago and I'm going to see what it gets by todays standards without changing anything from the way it was presented back then. My education continues........-Steve-

Comment

Working...
            X