No announcement yet.

What about a 45WL..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw some of you were planning on going to Yankee Lake, just don't buy the stuff I'm looking for!! All kidding aside, nice looking wheels. It's pretty funny, I see you also own a '56 Pan, I own a '56 and am struggling to piece a 45" Solo together. If anyone has any extra parts, I could use pretty much anything and everything. Also, if anyone has some expertise they'd care to share on the springer front end question I just posted, I'd surely appreciate it. See you at Yankee Lake!

Comment

Yeah hogluvr, Sorry I can't help ya with any parts for your 45 but I do have a few old parts on the shelf that I took off the 56. Don't know if you'd want them though cause by the time I'm done using something there isn't much life left in it. If ya know what I mean.

I will most certainly be at Yankee Lake I only live 4 miles from there and am normally there every Sunday anyways. (They have a Sunday permit.) It would be great to put some faces with the names of all you who have helped me keep my bikes on the road these past few years. I'll be the old,short,bald guy with a Detroit Red Wings cap on. -Steve

Comment

Email me a list of what you need. Can't say I have it unless I have an idea of what you are looking for. What I don't have stashed away can be found from the other members on here. Heck...I may be able to link you to someone also.

I'll be the old dude with the tattered old leather cap. Flatty pins on it. Paps

Comment

Oh yeah.........had my front wheel off a weeks ago. Think I measured 9-1/2" between the forks at axle point but can't remember for certain. I checked to see if I could take another measurement for you with the wheel on but I can't get an acurate reading that way. Need a pair of really long legged calipers to do it mounted. Paps

Comment

Paps,

Someone posted an easy way to tell the difference between fork legs, supposedly the only difference is the size of the holes for the rockers. Appreciate your input, I just might go out and measure the front leg I bought for my Servi to see if it is the same as what you came up with...

As far as parts go, it would be easier to tell you what I DON'T need!! I've got a frame, partial 2-bolt trans, motor & set of tanks. So that leaves pretty much everything else. The trans is basically a case with a complete mainshaft & gear assembly, I need countershaft assy., shift forks & cam, etc. to complete it. I'm also looking for a nice set of 1940 WL cases, I have a nice set of '47s to trade. So if you or anyone else have anything besides a frame & motor, I could probably use it!

And as long as we're starting a fashion show at Yankee Lake, I'll wear my Daytona 2000 leather doo-rag and keep a lookout for you guys.

Comment

A good friend of mine may have a set of 40s cases. Bet he may trade too. I will ask him tomorrow for you. I will see what he may have in tranny parts also.

Wonder how many "what you lookin at" ssss we will all go through before we find one another ?? If there are to many caps in the joint like mine, try glancing down for a hand with a glass of beer in it. Paps

Comment

Paps,

Isn't that kinda like saying "I'll meet you in Sturgis, I'll be the one in the black leathers"??

Comment

Ok...Look for an old dude with a wooden cane then. And !!! a glass of beer !! That will definately be me. Paps

Comment

hogluvr, My buddy has a spare complete 2 bolt ranny but no spare individual parts for them. I didn't ask him what he wants for it. Figured I would wait to find out if you wanted to go that route or not. If you are interested in it you can email me direct at vtwinrebuild@yahoo.com . I can have him take some pics of it for you and learn details about his spare one. He doesn't have any spare 40 engines though. Just has one of those and he wants to keep it. Paps

Comment

Had the honor and pleasure of meeting both Steve and Mike at Yankee Lake this past Sunday. Two really cool Bro's they both are. Look forward to sharing time and stories with you both again. Paps

Comment

Paps,

The pleasure was all mine, remember next one's on me

Mike

Comment

Yeah, It was great to meet both of you guys, and Paps lovely wife. Man was that place crowded. Lots of people with cabin fever I guess. I know I got it. Hey Mike, It must have been late by the time you got home huh?
                          P.S.- That pieced together shovel engine in the rolling frame sold again later in the day for 8k. Go figure....... -Steve

Comment

Now that is a pretty good turn around. Paps

Comment

Hey Steve,

Nah, I actually got home kinda early, even though it's a 1 1/2 hour drive for me. Glad it wasn't today!! Took me 3 hours to get home from work, Cleveland to Strongsville, about 25 miles, usually about 1/2 hour! We got slammed, spent the next 3 hours shovelling the drive, trying to get my truck unstuck in the drive, then getting my tractor unstuck (twice) trying to get my truck unstuck! Hellish day, I'm taking tomorrow off, gonna relax a little, may even find time to check out the tranny Paps hooked me up with... Hope to catch you guys again sometime soon.

Mike

Comment

I am sorry I missed the fun, you both said that there was a good turnout. I stayed home and wrote a paper. It sounds like lots of venders with nice stuff. One of my friends said that their was two venders outside one selling flowers and one selling oil. Is that true. I always run into many friends at that meet. I met my husband there 9 years ago. AWWW aint that special. Was there lots of flathead-45 stuff? Did anybody spot that fresh out of the barn great deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X