80ci ulh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exeric View Post

Keep in mind that Freeman lives in China and their laws have a different attitude about antique motorcycles. He loves old motorcycles but he has to abide by the laws of his country. I have friends in other parts of the world who also have transportation laws that differ from America.
    I learned in the 70's that Japan taxed vehicles more and more as they aged, thereby providing a big incentive to purchase a new vehicle.

Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman View Post
      Stupid Chinese regulations prevent me from importing old ones, only new ones are allowed. Thank you very much for your reply. Have a nice day.
      The Kiwi Indian replica would be the best option as others have mentioned. Many models available also.
      https://kiwiindian.com/collections/replicas

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        Keep in mind that Freeman lives in China and their laws have a different attitude about antique motorcycles. He loves old motorcycles but he has to abide by the laws of his country. I have friends in other parts of the world who also have transportation laws that differ from America.
        I visited China and Taiwan in '08 and commented to my local friend on the lack of large displacement motorcycles. There were plenty of two wheel vehicles on the road, but they were all small +/- 150cc. He said the government put a huge tax on anything with a big engine, so everyone rode the small bikes. I couldn't believe how many of them I saw on the road! It was crazy to come to an intersection and watch everyone flood to the front of the line at every red light. It was a horse race when it turned green. Everyone just went for broke! Funny thing is, as soon as someone pulled in front the others backed off a bit. No road rage or fights, just fastest guy to the front and everyone else follow behind.

Scooters lined up on the street:
        100_7137.JPG

Me and the wife in Taiwan:
        100_7075.JPG
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

What are the rules & regulations in China in regard to Kit Motorcycles Mr. Freeman?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
            "This one is simply amazing."

Freeman; if you are considering an Indian here are a couple of links with information on the Indian Motorcycle:

http://indianchiefmotorcycles.com/oldinjun.htm

http://virtualindian.org/
            Thanks, the link you sent is especially great.

Comment

Originally posted by EricOlson View Post

I visited China and Taiwan in '08 and commented to my local friend on the lack of large displacement motorcycles. There were plenty of two wheel vehicles on the road, but they were all small +/- 150cc. He said the government put a huge tax on anything with a big engine, so everyone rode the small bikes. I couldn't believe how many of them I saw on the road! It was crazy to come to an intersection and watch everyone flood to the front of the line at every red light. It was a horse race when it turned green. Everyone just went for broke! Funny thing is, as soon as someone pulled in front the others backed off a bit. No road rage or fights, just fastest guy to the front and everyone else follow behind.

Scooters lined up on the street:
              100_7137.JPG

Me and the wife in Taiwan:
              100_7075.JPG
              Taiwan is good, China is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman View Post
                Taiwan is good, China is not good.
                Both peoples are good, Freeman!

Governments not so much.

.....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

It would take great resources, Freeman,..

...to build an HD from catalog hardware, as it would take remanufacture of much of it to function safely.

But it is still possible, so we must ask: Would your government accept it after your reconstruction?

(USA laws vary by state, some more lenient than others, but it would be titled as a "special construction", which has its own purgatory with insurance companies.)

....Cotten
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-06-2022, 03:22 PM.
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

For a customer,I built a 1955 panhead,all reproduction over 20 years ago.Including safety bars etc.It was a very nice bike but also very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                      It would take great resources, Freeman,..

...to build an HD from catalog hardware, as it would take remanufacture of much of it to function safely.

But it is still possible, so we must ask: Would your government accept it after your reconstruction?

(USA laws vary by state, some more lenient than others, but it would be titled as a "special construction", which has its own purgatory with insurance companies.)

....Cotten
                      Absolutely not. Lol, I can only enjoy it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

Both peoples are good, Freeman!

Governments not so much.

.....Cotten
                        Exactly right.

Comment

Working...
                        X