Servi car speedo drive gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servi car speedo drive gear

The new speedo drive has chewed up on the diff of my 43 servicar. I'm looking for a cause . The axle gear has 20 teeth and the drive has 8 teeth. Can somebody give me a measurement for the axle gear position, from the (outer) threaded end of the axle to the gear. The speedo reads with a battery drill on the cable end at the diff. Any other suggestions. Thanks

are you using the servicar specific drive unit? they are different & have a ring cast into the shaft to identify them.

Comment

Thanks for your post . Have added a pic of the drive, I am sure it is correct for a servicar. Do you know if the gear only , unnamed.jpg is available or do I have to buy a complete drive ?

Comment

Originally posted by zig1 View Post
        Thanks for your post . Have added a pic of the drive, I am sure it is correct for a servicar. Do you know if the gear only , unnamed.jpg is available or do I have to buy a complete drive ?
        Yes That is the correct drive for Servi-Car. I do have a NOS drive gear to sell but not the housing. Jerry

Comment

The built up area of the axle for the gear is 5/8" wide and the center of this area is 16" from the end of the tapered area of the axle shaft.

Comment

Working...
          X