No announcement yet.

VL cams Reconditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG_4987.jpg1013181134_Film1.jpg20210207_143501.jpg Awesome , let me know how your cams turned out . They received mine the other day . I also am having a higher lift grind I believe Justin said .420 I have done some polishing and relieving should help it breathe a little better . I know it worked out well on my 45"

Comment

Not to suggest that you should take it apart again, but both valves are still sunk too deeply into the seats. The relief depth on the high side should expose the valve face. Re-cutting the seats deeper will do this, at the expense of reducing your stem clearance to the tappet, and a slight reduction to your static CR. What I usually suggest is larger valves first. Material can be removed from both valve to improve flow as well.

45%20valves%20mod2.jpg
      The Linkert Book

Comment

Thanks for the information I appreciate it . I was working with what I had , Both valves are .025 proud to the relief it doesn't look it in pic . I thought it was getting tight ,Thought new seats didn't consider larger valves . Thanks again I will look you up on the next one I appreciate all the help I can get .

Comment

VL cams arrived back from Leineweber today and I think they look very good. I used calipers to roughly measure the lift and got .410 and that was consistent across the four cams. Packed very securely. I'm very happy with Leineweber's service. Also, speaking of relieving, porting flatheads, you may want to check out The 80 Performance Book from Victory Library if you don't already have it. Great source of information, hopefully still available online.

Comment

Thanks, for the info I will check it out . Great to hear your happy with the work on your cams now I am really looking forward to it .

Comment

Working...
            X