No announcement yet.

Questions on Sport and Utility Solo Groups on WL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I airbrushed red one shot enamel, I believe a mix of Rubino red and vermillion. People thought they looked great but I stillreplaced with originals once I got the chance.

Craig

Comment

I tape them up to mask the big areas of the badge off, not each letter separate. I used Rust-oleum spray enamel. Use a plastic tape like used to lay out pinstripes, 1/8 inch wide from auto paint supply house. Let it dry for a few days. Don't pull the tape until the paint has dried for a few days or it may pull paint up that you don't want to remove. Use a piece of wood like a popsicle stick to remove the excess around the edge of the letters and ball. Then finish cleaning around them with a mineral spirits "dampened cloth". I pull one layer of the cloth over the end of the wooden piece too help detail some areas. Time consuming but good results.
      Jim D

Comment

Hey Jim that is a good idea, but I think I'll use a masking material and paint it on, around the letters and circle, then peel it off after the paint dries. Well, I'll at least try it first on a repop I have. Thanks much for the replies, guys.

Comment

Working...
        X