1936 up handlebar control cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 up handlebar control cables

I bought a new set of cables from v-twin with all the parts. Looks pretty straight up as far as assembly for new handlebars except for two pieces. They both are slotted and have holes like the cable should run through them but my books don't show them anywhere.image.jpgAny ideas? Thanks!

I'm sure someone else will have a picture of the mechanism but I believe your cable goes through the stops and you bend the end and lay it in the slot, but with no excess sticking out the side. This is where your cable starts in the grip.

Comment

That makes sense. The new cables have ends crimped on one end but I think you are correct, original used those pieces. Thanks!

Comment

You push the end of the wire through them and bend them over in the slot and solder the ends to make sure they don't come loose. The above post has it right. Not sure about what you got from V-Twin but this is how it is supposed to work. You say cable but do you mean wire because that is what it should be a solid wire not a braded cable and mine have all come with nothing on the ends just long (cut to length) bare wire.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA #12766

Comment

Yes, wire, but you obviously knew what we were talking about. Right? Kind of like when some one says distributer, we all know what it is right? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X