X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 WLA (Korea)

And a couple of finished photo's
    Attached Files

Chris, nice job however that fender light first appeared as an aftermarket (and poor one at that) in the '70s. It really detracts from the overall effect and is nowhere near the appearance of a factory light.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      Chris, nice job however that fender light first appeared as an aftermarket (and poor one at that) in the '70s. It really detracts from the overall effect and is nowhere near the appearance of a factory light.
      It would be just too kind to reply with a PM, huh Robbie.

...Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

A PM will let him know the issue, but a response to his post allows the rest of the world trying to learn something about what is right or wrong. That is what a forum is about, information and education, and thin skin isn't a part of it once you put it out in the public realm. Thanks for your concern Tom.
        Last edited by Rubone; 11-14-2016, 08:57 PM.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Well guys him has got a name, and here in England we would use it or be considered rude !,
          Unlike the States it is very difficult in the UK to find original bits, am aware that the light is tacky but that's all I could get in Europe. Not to bad though if that's all.
          No idea what a "PM" will let him know the issue means.
          Chris

Comment

Very nice. I have a 42 WLA I'm working on. This incarnation will not be military though. Well, unless I give in to my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
              A PM will let him know the issue, but a response to his post allows the rest of the world trying to learn something about what is right or wrong. That is what a forum is about, information and education, and thin skin isn't a part of it once you put it out in the public realm. Thanks for your concern Tom.
              The concern for all of us, Robbie,..

...Is that ragging about minor faults in front of everybody only discourages any participation at all.

So using Personal Messages are critical for newcomers with a fresh "thin skin", and they should not be humiliated for their simple questions.

...Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-15-2016, 03:35 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Nice bike Chris! These later WLAs always interested me...

Comment

Chris, I like the bike!! It makes me want to ride it, it looks so clean! Now, when you say it is a 1949 and also say Korea, I take it that THIS bike was used in the Korean War (conflict)?? Nice Job!
                  Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Thank you T.Cotten

Chris

Comment

Thanks it is really awkward to restore American bikes here in England, learnt a lot during this one !

Comment

Hello JIM
                        Thanks
                        The picture was fresh after a year and a half in the workshop and had probably done no more than 10 miles.
                        It is a genuine Korea WLA build with engine and frame all correct for the period, They where used mostly by the military police , I found it in Holland but no more information, did it go to Korea or stay in Europe ? who knows ! It had enough dents to have gone through several conflicts !
                        I tried real hard to get as much correct as possible, (failed with the running light) !

Comment

Well I've seen it in person and think you did a bloody good job Chris.
                          Gotta pop round for a natter soon mate, I'll ring you.
                          IMG_1227 (1).jpg

Comment

Do
                            be good to see you, maybe a beer before Christmas !
                            The J is coming on

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi tibbs View Post
                              Well I've seen it in person and think you did a bloody good job Chris.
                              Gotta pop round for a natter soon mate, I'll ring you.
                              What's a Natter? Also; another fine looking photo of your bike!!
                              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                              X