No announcement yet.

4859-35 / 4860-35 Horn Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's there I can't see it, somebody's gotta have a better parts book than this one. Maybe Steve will chime in?
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Today I took a stab at fabricating a pair of mounts today. Measured the forks & mount angles, little AutoCAD work and here ya go.......
      Attached Files
      William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
      http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Perfect! Easy 97 points!
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Ha-ha! Thanks Rich. The last 3 points are the toughest!
          William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
          http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
            Ha-ha! Thanks Rich. The last 3 points are the toughest!
            AND the most EXPENSIVE!! ;^)
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Dear guys, the Pohlman picture shows the earlier one-year 1935 horn brackets which I used to make. They are not made of flat strip, but cut in a curve from sheet metal then bent up, so harder to make than they look. Connie Schlemmer told me he used to see new 1935 bikes come into his shop with the horns hanging down, because the brackets had fatigued by vibration. So Harley made a running change and the later brackets, and presumably the replacements, had a diagonal brace. These are the ones I made. There is no engine number info as to when the improved version came out, so I don't see why the braced version should lose judging points. Don't confuse these with the one-year 1936 VL version also shown in this post, which was originally chrome but often seen overpainted black. The 1936-39 45 version is similar but sticks out further forward. The X part in the picture is the left side ride control bracket 13451-33. And I think the Pohlman photo still carries the Motolamp, while the 1935 model launch makes a big play of the new Cycleray headlamp. Those photo retouching guys were artists...

Comment

Working...
              X