VL front axle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL front axle question

Putting together my VL front end. With rockers, brake drum, and hub installed, the axle and axle spacer appear to be too short. Interior dimension at rocker holes between two sides of rear ridge fork is 200 mm and axle (not including head for wrench) is 9 1/8" long. The rear fork does not appear to have ever been damaged, front fork has been straightened in past, however lines up exactly with rear fork and rockers bolt on easily. According to forging numbers in Steve Slocombe's book, I have VL rockers. When I put all together loose there is approx 7/16" space between axle spacer and hub. The end of the axle barely (maybe 1/8") sticks out of brake side rocker and when brake drum is installed, does not extend past nut at outside of rocker on brake drum sleeve. What dimension in this is wrong, any help appreciated. Thanks!!

Buster, Have any photos of set-up you can post?
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

I am going to try and get some photos on this morning, thanks.

Comment

Here goes a try with photos

vl springer 001.JPGvl springer 003.JPGvl springer 004.JPG

If I could verify correct interior distance between rocker holes in forks and correct length of axle (including or not including hex head) and length of axle spacer this would tell me if fork is bent or if axle and spacer is wrong. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Trying again on photos that did not go through first time.

vl springer 002.JPG

Comment

One more photo

vl springer 005.JPG

Comment

Roughly measured my 36 between the Ibeam and it was 7.5 inches or 190 mm.

Comment

Working...
              X