VLD Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLD Fender

Can anyone tell me if my vl rear fender needs work , or is this how they came ? I have attached a picture of my rear fender ( I don't know if it came thru or not , my first try ) . The picture is left front down where the insert screws to it . It looks pretty wavy to me , but the insert mounts nicely . Does anyone have a close up picture of theirs ?
    Attached Files

Mine is a bit angled but nothing like that... See Pic DSC01855.jpg

Comment

Here's another one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-36-VL-R...8bc767&vxp=mtr

Comment

Does anyone have a spare insert for a '34-'36 rear fender they would like to part with (sell)? I am in need of one. Pls PM if so.
        Thanks,
        William
        Attached Files
        William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
        http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Thank you Ric ! Looks like i need to do some body work . Does the lower fender have the same ridge as the upper fender, or is that just a indented line in the steel ?
          Thank you , Mike

Comment

Thank you , Peter

Comment

Thank you for the picture , William . I think Vl heaven has them
              Mike

Comment

Call Tom Feeser at Replicant Metal in PA. 717-626-1618 www.replicantmetals.com. He has exact replacement repo fenders and probably cheaper than reworking yours unless you are doing it yourself. His stuff bolts right up as long as your frame is straight. None of that bending, banging ,beating, bashing to coax into place like V-Twin stuff.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                AMCA#12766

Comment

Tom, I had already called Tom and he doesn't have just the insert. I've seen his great repro fenders though!

Mike, I'll check with Steve at VL Heaven.
                  William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
                  http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

DSC01862.jpg
                    Originally posted by 1970 XLCH View Post
                    Thank you Ric ! Looks like i need to do some body work . Does the lower fender have the same ridge as the upper fender, or is that just a indented line in the steel ?
                    Thank you , Mike
                    I wasn't quite sure what you meant so I posted another picture... Let me know if you need another angle and I'll post more pics...

Ric

Comment

Thanks Ric , That answers it !!

Comment

It looks like the VL siren cover was held in with 4 screws in 1934, then simplified to 3 screws later. Those pesky AMCA judges are not deducting yet for this.

Comment

Working...
                        X