No announcement yet.

45 flat head hop up suggestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jb.....I'm pretty sure you can modify those timers to advance properly for your 45". I don't know enough about this modification yet but I am looking into it. There has been a topic going on, off and on, on the FHP board. Paps

Comment

Just for the record guys this past March at AHRMA/Daytona my WL/WR was clocked at 94 and the guy (same motor) that beat me with one more tooth on the motor was clocked at an even 100, you can make em go !

Comment

I believe a good set up (one I'm working on) would be:

= # 6 Heads (or # 5 Heads milled to # 6 specs)
        = Pop-Up Pistons (K Model type)
        = Larger Intake Valves (no larger 1 1/4")
        = Mild Relieving
        = Mild Porting
        = WLD or BTFH Intake Nipples and Intake Manifold
        = 1 1/4" SU or 34mm Mikuni Carb
        = WLDR Cams or KNS .318 lift / 278 degree Intake Cams
        = Auto Advance Timer
        = 12V Conversion
        = 34 Tooth Motor Sprocket
        = Open Pipes (drag pipes)

Comment

I used to have an old chopper magazine article about setting up an SU 1 1/4" for a 45. I gave the best needle / jet #s to use. Have any of you ever seen that article? I would like to have another copy of it. I like SUs on 45s.

Comment

where did you find a 34 tooth sproket?

Comment

anyone interested in making any HD Flathead run should check out American Cycle Fabrication in Bloomsburg, PA, www.americancyclefab.com Paul and Barb Friebus, Owners, hold World Record for Flathead bikes at Bonneville. They built a 42 U for me, it is now an 84" that will run 70MPH with no problem.

Comment

Flatheads

anyone interested in making any HD Flathead run should check out American Cycle Fabrication in Bloomsburg, PA, www.americancyclefab.com Paul and Barb Friebus, Owners, hold World Record for Flathead bikes at Bonneville. They built a 42 U for me, it is now an 84" that will run 70MPH with no problem.

Comment

Just found these pics from the 2004 national RR in Maggie Valley, it was a little wet at the time...

Pic1 is the late Billy Douglas and Jerry Carpenter at the start of the Dragon...

Pic2 is me and Rose with my VL fixing to pass some Panheads on the Dragon....
                  Attached Files
                  Louie
                  FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                  Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                  YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

u can use sportser head form 900 to 1000cc on a 45 will make the bike do 75-85 mph should use a wl wla lower end this will be my other project in time.

Comment

Working...
                    X