TAking apart VL hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAking apart VL hubs

I am trying to take apart the hubs for my VL project. Not the best set but they'll do for now. I have read steve's book but wondering if anyone has actual pics of the process. I understand there's a proper tool. Any pics of that ?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    dan

Dan, I tried to PM you back and was told "danf19 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space" Thank you Mark.

Comment

Mark, I plan to tear my VL wheels apart. I would like to see pics this tool if possible? Thanks William
      William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
      http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Look on the replicant metal site, there is a picture. I bought mine from Steve when I placed an order the last time. Either place has one for around $65 I think.

Comment

Try Steve White at Vintage Motorcycles Northwest on 253.846.2775 as well for the VL wheel hub tool. Once you've got the outer lock ring and nut off, knock the wheel hub assembly through from the splined end. From the exploded diagram and cross section in my book you should be able to figure out what goes where.

Comment

Seems to be a shortage of Vl wheel hub tools from a few of the Vl guys. Anyone have any recommendations or one to sell ??
            Thanks
            Dan

Comment

make your own

Originally posted by danf19 View Post
              Seems to be a shortage of Vl wheel hub tools from a few of the Vl guys. Anyone have any recommendations or one to sell ??
              Thanks
              Dan
              large washer and 1/4 inch key stock. 1/8 inch flat stock and 1 key stock for lock ring.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X