Tire recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire recomendation

Looking for a tire recommendation for my 1939 UL. I am more concerned about ride quality than correctness. I will eventually be running a sidecar once I find one. I have had good luck with Avon Mark II on my Indian. Would like to hear any suggestions.

Jeff

If you are running 16" tires, the Avon Safety Mileage tires work well. Have a look at the Dunlop K70 tire if you have 18" rims.
    VPH-D

Comment

The wheels I am running at 18X4.50 or at least that is the size of the tires that are on it right now.

Jeff

Comment

I am running 4.00x18"Dunlop K70s on my 440 and am happy with the ride. I run them at about 18-20lbs.
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I've seen the Avon Safety Mileage MkII Tire given very good reviews on many forums and have determined that I will use these tires next.

However, I've also noticed that the designated application for the Avon Safety Mileage MkII Tire is "Rear". My assumption would be that for 30's-50's Big Twins the front and rear would be interchangeable, but wanted to know if any here have knowledge or experience otherwise.

Also, the Coker Diamond Tread's I've used previously seem to be fine for comfort and handling, but wear REALLY fast (like 2000 miles on the rear).
          Vic Ephrem
          AMCA #2590

Comment

Thanks for the info. I ended up buying the avons and using the dyna beads to balance it.

Thanks
            Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X