1945 U sidecar model frontend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1945 U sidecar model frontend

Did sidecar models in 1945 have a special springer front end with a slightly different rake . If so what was the identifying markings.

No, the forks are standard with the only addition being the sidecar inner springs.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Rubone,
      Once again you have helped. I looked all over for the info so i was pretty sure that was the case but I wasn't so positive that I would bet money on it lol. I did read somewhere that there was a special springer for package Trucks or something but not many were around.
      Thanks Keith

Comment

The only "special" forks were the 2-3/8" longer versions used on some '40-'41 WLAs, XAs and TA trikes for the army. Like this one next to a standard springer.
        DCP_2407.JPG
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Did the sidecar front ends run 2 additional springs or just different springs? I was told my 45 FL should have only 2 inners total rather than the 4 currently on it but I’ve never seen a springer with only 2.

Comment

There are 4 upper springs and 4 lower springs. The sidecar/Servi-Car lower inner springs are full length, not the short recoil inner springs like a solo model. All 4 upper springs are standard.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rubone,
              . The extended forks, I assume that they only had the 45 neck stem assembly . Or did they make them with the big twin neck also.
              . Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Sidehacker View Post
                Rubone,
                . The extended forks, I assume that they only had the 45 neck stem assembly . Or did they make them with the big twin neck also.
                . Keith
                TA and XA had 1" stem. XA had 45 rockers, TA used Big Twin.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                X