Cast iron brake drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast iron brake drum

Clarification please. I have a copy of Harley Davidsons service letter #398 that addresses updating to a cast iron brake drum on 63-66 sidecars. This is for bikes both out of the factory or as a replacement part. My sidecar is running a P/N 41409-58. That P/N Isn’t listed on that letter as old or replacement . Would this have been omitted deliberately or could it have been a clerical mistake? Maybe I’m misunderstanding something here. It’s not in my parts manual either.
    Mike S.

Hi Mike, What is the date of the service letter? Can you post a picture of the letter? Thanks! Ric

Comment

Originally posted by steuerm View Post
      Clarification please. I have a copy of Harley Davidsons service letter #398 that addresses updating to a cast iron brake drum on 63-66 sidecars. This is for bikes both out of the factory or as a replacement part. My sidecar is running a P/N 41409-58. That P/N Isn’t listed on that letter as old or replacement . Would this have been omitted deliberately or could it have been a clerical mistake? Maybe I’m misunderstanding something here. It’s not in my parts manual either.
      Mike S.
      If you are getting that number off the drum it isn't a part number, it is a casting number and does not cross reference to part numbers.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That's correct... Casting number 41409-58A should be the cast iron version of the 1958-67 drum though I've seen cast iron versions with casting number 41409-58.

Comment

Working...
        X