wl sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wl sidecar

Did a wl/wla have their own sidecar or did they use the same one as the big twins? Are the mounts different? What was the letter designation for them? Thanks, eap

LS,smaller body,Goulding chassis Abreth body,....mounts are different.....None of these parts are easy to find.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I may try to attach a 30s model package car frame. any suggestion on mounts for this? Thanks, Ernie

Comment

I have a 36 vl mounted on my 47 Chief. Works well except the body is for Europe with the door on the wrong side for America.

Comment

I remember a run behind a 45" with a hack, Ernie,...

Had to pass him or overheat.

Weren't some package truck frames even wider and heavier?

....Cotten
          PS: Meanwhile, I've a '39 big twin frame, wheel, fender, and hookups that need a home, Folks, thanks,.. Liberty@npoint.net
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Yes I suppose you are right. They are bigger and heavier. May have to rethink the idea. I am always interested in sidecars, why I don't know. The car on the Indian makes life simpler when you have an older sportster, an flh , a chief and a wla, the combination of shifters, throttles, clutches and spark advances on all different sides gets confusing and i forget to. put my foot down!. I may need to look for a lighter rig for the wla. May talk to you about the 39..

Comment

I think my '39 would still be too heavy, Ernie,..

And a headache to hook up.

For a small displacement, I'd look into a little "California Flyer", "Liberty" sidecar, or maybe even wicker!

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-16-2023, 11:08 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I may contact classic sidecars about the 29 ls repo. I do not know what they are going for these days. I may be interested in your 39 for another application. I sent you an email. Ernie

Comment

Working...
                X