No announcement yet.

Sidecar gearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it fits like some of Vtwins sprockets that I have bought in recent years,you would be lapping the rest of your life to get a proper fit

Comment

A diagnostic, Duffey,...

Is rarely ever a cure.

But you will never find one without it.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Ok well so now I know I am not alone. I do not have access to clover. But the key has side play in the vtwin sprocket that I can see it moving side to side inside this brand new POS sprocket..Also this vtwinn sprocket sits proud almost 3/64. Compared to the sprocket that was on previously. PBI only make the trans sprocket for the our old Iron. So I guess I am in search of another manufacturer or hopefully another member may have a nos engine sprocket .

Comment

I guess I was showing off suggesting Clover compound, Paddy!

Any auto store valve grinding compound should give a contact-patch reading.

Once again only for a diagnostic, Comet cleanser could do if you are attentive.

I only suggest this inspection to determine more about the repop's defects, because ultimately all catalog repops are just raw materials.

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-10-2023, 08:41 PM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

Ok got it but is not the key way issues unsolvable? Ultimately play in the key way is not good correct?

Comment

If the key were all that keeps the sprocket from spinning, Paddy,...

It would shear even if it were a good fit.

The tapers hold the sprocket; That's why you have to shock them for removal.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
              X