Goulding sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chuck,
    Have not forgotten about the petal, working with a tool man to make the profile needed. Here are a couple of the beads..Jeff is working on his Goulding built Henderson tub for his KJ...rolling the bead on the new panels....well be testing petals made on dead brass sheeting...what I am needing is a good tracing for pattern, and a profile of the bead
    Larry

Comment

Have you tried Artur in Poland at www.classicsidecar.com? I recently bought a complete repro British side outfit from him for a 1932 VL which saved a lot of searching. Maybe he can also help with later parts.

Comment

Thanks Larry,

I brought the "remnants" of my pedal to Brookfield last August, and like I suspected Bob L. pretty much confirmed what I thought to get it to fit properly it would need to be stamped.
        I had inquired to a couple of tool and die shops that wanted $30,000 + for dies that would stamp that part.
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hi Chick,
          Same tooling costs found here. Our approach was to cut the shape "loosely" then using an English Wheel shape the compound radius,trim the dead brass to final shape then roll the bead...what we would be tooling is the beed roller, not the stamp and die......although there is a lot of this going on in Wichita. I will forward your pics to the gentleman in Poland, Jeff Roth recently purchased some parts for his Goulding / Henderson and the were dead on correct.
          Larry

Comment

Working...
          X