Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

47 Servi Car - does anyone actually ride other than around block??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Larry....LOL!! They do take up a lot of room!!! Thanks for that advice on no interstates!

Comment

@ Lloyd.......is that the pix attached by yr name? Looks good!!!! Is her 61G mostly original? Thanks!

Comment

top speed of 45" is controled by the motor sprocket size ,22tooth is stock servi ,they go up to 34 tooth for the fast 2 wheelers

Comment

Mostly original, paint is not and it was a police servi from the factory, we have the siren and oem fender for the front but it is so much fun riding it as the Coca cola trike we are going to leave it alone until it realy needs paint but that will be soon. yes that is it by the name

Comment

Originally posted by servicardenise View Post
            I ride the beans out of mine. Like why else would you have one? She runs pretty darn well too.
            Denise
            EXACTLY!!!! I don't need a dust collector BUT I also want to RIDE & not slow my friends DOWN w/ only being able to go 45!!

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
              top speed of 45" is controled by the motor sprocket size ,22tooth is stock servi ,they go up to 34 tooth for the fast 2 wheelers
              Thanks for that info!! So, my guess the top speed is 45/50tops, correct?? Would it be worth or even possible to change out to the 34 tooth?? Not that I want to race it or anything close to that but I would like to be able to go 60 mph. Thanks for letting us pick yr brain!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd View Post
                Mostly original, paint is not and it was a police servi from the factory, we have the siren and oem fender for the front but it is so much fun riding it as the Coca cola trike we are going to leave it alone until it realy needs paint but that will be soon. yes that is it by the name
                Beautiful!! It diffently FUN to ride!!!

Comment

Would it be worth or even possible to change out to the 34 tooth?
                  Possible, yes. Worth it, NO. Due to the weight of a Servi-Car and the amount of rolling resistance you will never be able to pull gearing designed for a 2 wheeler. Other factors are also at work here, such as the fact a Servi_Car rear sprocket is 37 teeth and a 45 two wheeler is 41. So a 34 on the engine would be even a higher overall ratio than a race bike! If stuff like that worked don't you think everyone would do it?
                  Robbie
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

A 25 or 27 tooth might help-I run a 30 on trikes with no box and 60mph is easy

Comment

It is a little more work for the clutch and tranny. I didn't keep my 27 tooth one on for long because of that.
                      Denise

Comment

Originally posted by gharper View Post
                        I have a friend who put many miles on his 1941 Servicar here in Colorado. We geared it the same as a solo 45, on the low end though. It would run 50-55 all day on the flats but struggled on the hills, needed to get a run at them! Twice, he rode it over Trail Ridge Road here, which is 12,000 + feet above sea level. So, yes, ride it!! Three wheel brakes work well, if set up properly!

Gene Harper
                        Hi,
                        What is the # of sproket teeth does his have?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by servicardenise View Post
                          It is a little more work for the clutch and tranny. I didn't keep my 27 tooth one on for long because of that.
                          Denise
                          Do you still have it? If so, would you be welling to sell it? If not, where did you get -- a Swap Meet??
                          Thanks!!!
                          Doylene

Comment

The larger motor sprockets require a longer primary chain.The larger the motor sprocket- the easier to kick

Comment

Engine gear

Originally posted by mylilservi View Post
                              Do you still have it? If so, would you be welling to sell it? If not, where did you get -- a Swap Meet??
                              Thanks!!!
                              Doylene
                              Call 45 restoration. They have all the parts you need to put a 27 tooth engine gear on. My wife rode her servi car to wauseon with no problems at 50 to 55mph.

Comment

Working...
                              X